Sunday, May 9, 2010

I'm a man of my word

  So I created this blog so that all of you (4 people) could be kept up to date on my goings on in China.  Lately however I've been off the blog; for like a month at this point.  So here I am, back again!  I could chalk the absence up to having some extremely moody internet (which is half the truth) but it's really been a combination of nice weather and video games that have been keeping me away (I won't go into detail on which of those two has been more time-consuming).

  Anyways, a while back I began a segment on Chinese Brand Sniping (an homage to Brad's old "before the recession" posts, I always got a chuckle out of those) and the Riich company.  Well today I have a special treat for you.

  When looking for these kinds of labels one usually expects well..one knock off, and with this particular item we've found several.  I say "we" because this really became a group effort, scouring China from Taigu to Taiyuan to Beijing, Shanghai and Wuhan.  And who would have ever thought that Oreo's would inspire such admiration (for copying is the highest form of admiration...right?).

 Everyone's favorite fatty snack, apparently popular is Spain as well.

   Anyways, enjoy the pictures:

The Original; it came to inspire a use similar to being punked: "o-copped"
Look closely, yup definitely missing an "O"

My own personal find from Wuhan

And Boom Goes the Dynamite!

  Unfortunately I have no pictures but we also stumbled across "Olino's," or James stumbled upon them in Beijing.

  Don't worry either, I've got others.  All in good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment